The Road Runner is the world's fastest bird alive and has been created by known animator Chuck Jones. She is a Greater Roadrunner who runs from the ravenous Wile E. Coyote. She says "Beep Beep!" just like a car, and was recorded by Paul Julian, although it sounds like "Meep Meep!"
She has appeared with Wile E. and/or the other Looney Tunes in episodes of Looney Tunes Works.
Road Runner is one of the minor characters in Bugs Bunny's House of Toons. She also has some major appearances in some episodes. She is often shown in the series getting chased by Wile E. Coyote or annoying him. She was also shown to help out Bugs Bunny and the other Looney Tunes in some episodes.
She also appears as a main character in New Looney Tunes and usually appears with Wile E. Coyote in the episodes.
She also appears in Road Runner Wile E. Coyote Show as a main character.
Laws and Rules
According to Chuck Jones, there are rules to these shorts:
- Road Runner cannot harm the Coyote except by going "beep, beep."
- No dialogue ever, except "beep, beep" and Wile E. yowling in pain or laughing.
- Road Runner must stay on the road—for no other reason than that she's a roadrunner.
- All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters—the southwest American desert.
5. The Coyote is not allowed to catch the Road Runner.
- Zig The Hyena cannot harm the Sharko The Shark except by going ''Ha ha ha ha!''.
2. No dialogue ever, except ''Ha ha ha ha!'' and Sharko The Shark roaring in pain or laughing.
3. Zig The Hyena must stay on the road-for no other reason than that he's a hyena.
4. All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters-the southwest American desert.
5. The Road Runner is not allowed to catch the Zig The Hyena.
6. The Coyote is not allowed to catch the Sharko The Shark.